Sustainability at Crofton House is a comprehensive approach. We aim to inspire and educate young people and the greater community to promote environmental change both on campus, at home, and throughout the world. There is a formalized Sustainability Committee at Crofton House which facilitates and coordinates environmental passion from staff and students. Through events such as the globally popular Earth Day, the Vancouver wide Bike to Work Weeks, and day-to-day actions reducing our environmental footprint in both the Junior and Senior schools, we hope to promote ecological literacy and a commitment to making a healthy, sustainable environment for future generations.
- Use garbage containers on the school property and work together to protect the environment by picking up garbage even if it is not their own
- Choose reusable containers if they bring lunch from home in order to avoid excess garbage
- Bring healthy snacks for break time such as fruit or juice to avoid individually-wrapped snacks that create an abundance of garbage
- Recycle whenever possible
- Reuse school supplies
- Carpool or walk to school, if possible
- Sign up for the Public Transit Incentive program, if possible
Each person can make a difference in maintaining a beautiful, healthy earth.