Blenheim Street is crowded during peak times of the morning and afternoon, West 41st Avenue is a very busy traffic artery, and Balaclava Street continues to experience larger volumes than in past years. Our goal is to provide safe traffic conditions and encourage alternate means of transportation. We suggest students consider walking, cycling, using public transit, or carpooling with neighbouring students.
Please see Public Transit Incentive Program.
Provident Security will continue to support safe pedestrian crossing at the Blenheim gate, control the traffic entering and exiting the round-about, and assist us on Balaclava Street in becoming educated on traffic guidelines as outlined by the City of Vancouver. Families of senior school students travelling eastbound or westbound are encouraged to utilize the pedestrianactivated crosswalk on West 41st Avenue at Balaclava Street North.
Below are the school’s traffic guidelines as a reminder to parents, staff, and students to keep our traffic areas safe for everyone. Cooperation in following the guidance given by Provident Security and our facilities staff is greatly appreciated.
Drop-off and Pick-up Zones
- Crofton House School traffic on Balaclava should be northbound only, as the west side of Balaclava Street is both a 'No Stopping' and a 'No Parking' zone as posted by the City of Vancouver.
- The east side of Balaclava is a drop-off area.
- There is no stopping or parking 5 metres from the corner at both the north and south corners of Balaclava Street and West 42nd Avenue.
- For those parents wishing to park and walk in with their daughters, three-hour parking is available on the east side of Balaclava Street, north of West 42nd Avenue, and along the north side of West 41st Avenue.
- Junior school students being dropped off on Balaclava Street should enter through the pedestrian gates and follow the safe pedestrian crossing, adjacent to the fence at the north end of the temporary senior school.
- The Balaclava Street driveway is for staff parking and commercial deliveries only, from 7:30am to 4:30pm. Please do not drive into the campus during these hours.
- During peak morning and afternoon hours, only right-hand turns will be allowed into and out of our round-about.
- No left-hand turns will be allowed into or out of the round-about on school days from 7:30 to 8:30am and 3:30 to 5:00pm.
- The gates to the round-about will be closed at the entrance from 3:00 to 3:20pm with the exception of early pick-up for ECE Centre.
- Cars will be allowed into the round-about when it is expected that junior school girls will have been dismissed and are waiting curbside for safe pick-up.
- The round-about is a drop-off and pick-up zone for junior school students only; it is not a parking area with the exception of the designated ECE Centre parking spaces across from the front door of the ECE Centre.
- Senior school students must not be dropped off or picked up in the round-about.
West 41st Avenue
- Junior and senior school parents may now drop off their daughters on the south and north side of West 41 Avenue with the addition of the pedestrian-activated crosswalk.
- We recommend that senior school students dropped off on the north side of the street cross by using the pedestrian activated crosswalk or by using the traffic lights at Blenheim Street.
Remember, all areas surrounding the school are 'Idle Free Zones' as posted by the City of Vancouver.
Thank you for your cooperation in keeping our community safe!