Governance at Crofton House
- Carolyn Kirkwood, Chair, Board of Governors
- Ross Turnbull, Treasurer Board of Governors and Chair, Finance Committee
- Oliver Chee, Secretary, Board of Governors
- Tony Astles, Chair, Buildings & Grounds Committee
- Carla Bury, Chair, Financial Assistance Committee
- Lisa Dalton, Chair, Nominating & Governance Committee
- Kris Dattani, Chair, Parents’ Auxiliary
- Susan Ditchburn
- Jennifer Fotheringham, President, Alumnae Association
- Nancy Gallini
- Craig Lindsay, Chair, Risk Management Committee
- Felix Liu
- Georgina MacDonald
- Lori Marzin
- Daniel Nocente, Chair, Advancement Committee
- Alison Sinclair Burns
- Michael Walsh
- Cecilia Wong
Volunteering in Governance
Each year, the chair of each committee works with the Chair of the Nomination and Governance Committee to rotate committee membership, creating opportunities for parents and guardians with relevant skills and experience to join a Board committee. Most often, Board members first serve on Board committees before being asked to join the Board of Governors. All Board and committee members sign the Crofton House School Board of Governors Code of Conduct.
On the Board of Governors, there is a minimum of 14 and a maximum of 18 Board members, 12 of whom are elected by the members of the Society (the parents of the School and Board members). Elected members may serve up to three consecutive three-year terms.
To ensure continuity and institutional memory, at each Annual General Meeting, four elected members retire and four new members are elected. Up to four additional members may be appointed for a one-year term. The President of the Crofton House School Alumnae Association and the Chair of the Parents’ Auxiliary sit on the Board as ex-officio members during their respective terms of office. The Head of the School also sits on the Board of Governors as an ex-officio member.