What's Happening at CHS
Welcome, Crofton Alumnae!
The CHS Alumnae Relations department resides within the Advancement Team, with the goal of fostering opportunities for all alumnae to maintain an active relationship with the School. The Advancement Team works closely with the Alumnae Association and the Departments within the Ivy walls, with the goal of creating opportunities for meaningful connection.
This year has been a year of connection through virtual events, and it has been inspiring to see so many alumnae volunteer to support student programs and connect with one another. In speaking with you, many alumnae gather informally through picnics, zoom meetings or other socially-distanced options to stay connected while maintaining a safe distance apart. It has been a pleasure to hear about decades-long friendships that alumnae have with their fellow classmates and how you stay connected with one another.
We welcome the opportunity to meet with you and learn more about your experiences and how you would like to remain connected to Crofton House School. Please feel free to share your stories and celebrations so we can cheer you on.
Please stay connected with us through Crofton Connect, LinkedIn and Facebook.
We look forward to staying connected to you as you move through the various stages of life and vocations beyond the Ivy walls.
With the lifting of COVID restrictions and as we move towards more in-person events, we look forward to welcoming you back on campus to celebrate together.
Save the Date
- May 13 - Crofton House Alumnae vs. Varsity Student Field Hockey Game and BBQ: Dust off your field hockey stick and join us for an afternoon of fun and field hockey! RSVP at firstname.lastname@example.org
- May 27 – CHS Golf Classic: Join us for an exciting tournament supporting the CHS Athletics program. Online registration is now open!
Alumnae Engagement: Volunteers Needed
We are currently looking for volunteers to participate in the following programs and events:
- May 24 – 27 Capstone Project: This is an opportunity to see what the Senior School students have been working on. By volunteering to be a participant in the Capstone Project, you will allow a student to pitch their project to you and answer questions you might have about their project. The time commitment is 1-2 hours, and these events can occur virtually or in real-time.
- May 27 - CHS Golf Classic: We need ‘hole-in-one’ spotters and several other volunteers for the day of the CHS Golf Classic.
- June – August Cohorts of the Work Experience Program: The Work Experience Program provides Senior School students with the opportunity to gain invaluable work experience in fields that they are curious about. It is expected that at the end of the program, students will have completed 20-hours of work with your company. These sessions can be conducted virtually or in real-time.
If you are interested in any of these volunteer opportunities, please reach out to email@example.com to learn more.
If you are on Gabriola Island this month, visit the Gabriola Library to see alumna Deborah Chaney’s exhibit ‘68 Reasons to Celebrate Creativity’ until April 30. Deborah’s work can also be viewed in North Vancouver where there is a large-scale public art installation of her West Coast Abstracts on 108 East Eighth Street between Lonsdale and St. George’s Avenues. You are an inspiration Deborah!
Congratulations to Becca Marino ’08 for her stellar nail-biting performance at the Billie Jean King Cup. Becca won against Latvia’s Daniela Vismane 6-3, 6-7(4), 6-3 victory. Your determination, resilience and powerful serve are an inspiration!
Congratulations to Diana Filer ’50 for her encyclopedia knowledge in creating the weekly quiz for the Millstone Magazine for the past 10 years! Diana spent the lionshare of her career in broadcasting, working in senior positions at the CBC for decades. Unsure who was the first empire, or what Raku is? Follow along with Diana’s weekly quiz to find out.
We are always interested in celebrating alumnae so if you have a story or update that you would like to share, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alumnae Achievement Awards
The Crofton House School community celebrates three outstanding CHS alumnae through the presentation of the Alumnae Achievement Awards.
Share Your Notes in The Ivy Magazine!
We are inviting all alumnae to send us any news they would like to see published in The Ivy. This could include professional achievements, personal or congratulatory announcements (such as new family members, engagements or marriages) and/or any other news you may wish to share with the community.
Calling all classes ending in 2 and 7—this is the year for your 5- or 10-year reunion, and we want to celebrate with you! Please reach out if you would like to host an event on campus. If you prefer something remote then we are happy to support you virtually. For more information on planning your reunion, including class lists, please contact Alumnae Relations at email@example.com
Assistant Director, Alumnae Relations
604 263 3255 ext. 4203
Help enrich Crofton House School’s archival collection by donating items related to the School’s history. Please contact Manda Haligowski, Archivist.