Applying for English+
The English+ program is available to families with daughters entering Grade 8 who:
- Meet CHS admission requirements. We welcome applicants who show passion and commitment to their education, a strong desire to explore their own potential, and who will engage in the community, both inside and outside of the classroom. The same process and documentation is required for the English+ application process as a regular Grade 8 application with the addition of an English+ assessment.
- Meet the English language proficiency requirements. Successful applicants are students whose first language is not English but have had some schooling where English is the language of instruction. Proficiency is determined through an English+ Assessment, created by CM Global ($75) and administered by Crofton House School in November.
To be considered for the English+ program, families must select “YES” in the English+ Program portion of the admissions application and complete the English+ Assessment. Students who have applied to Crofton House will be notified at the Grade 8 shortlist whether they will continue on in the admissions process.
Please refer to How to Apply for information on the Crofton House admissions process and to Admissions FAQs for important dates.
Tuition and Program Fees
In addition to annual Crofton House tuition fees, there is a one-time, non-refundable fee of $35,000 that is paid in the first year of the English+ program to cover the five-year course.
There is a fee of $75 to complete the English+ Assessment as part of the English+ application process.
- Who should apply for the English+ Program at Crofton House?
- How can my daughter apply for English+?
- How are students selected as English+ program candidates?
- Is English+ an ELL (English Language Learner) or EAP (English for Academic Purposes) Program?
- Is the English+ program mandatory if my daughter’s first language isn’t English?
- How will the English+ program affect my daughter’s college or university application?
- Does English+ impact my daughter’s course selection, such as French or other electives?
- What is the application deadline for English+?
- What is the English+ Assessment?
- Can my daughter start the English+ program and opt out of the program before completing Grade 12?
- What does the English+ Program cost and how is it paid?
- What does the English+ Program fee include?
Apply to English+
English+ is for students entering Grade 8 and is for an additional fee.
Step 1: Submit an Admissions Application
- Follow this link to apply
- Create an account
- Set your password
- Start your application
- Indicate in the English Plus section that you would like to be considered by the program
Step 2: Attend the Assessment
- Once you indicate in your admissions application that you would like to be considered for the program, you will be invited to register for the English+ Assessment
- In addition to attending the regular Grade 8 in-house assessment, E+ candidates must also attend the CM Global English Proficiency assessment administered by Crofton House School on Wednesday, November 24
Learn more about the application process.
If you have questions about the application process, please contact the admissions team and they will be happy to help.
604 266 5423