- Step 1: Submit an application
- Step 1a: Reapply
- Step 2: Submit supporting documentation
- Step 3: Assessments
- Step 4: Interviews
- Step 5: Admission decision (aka Offer Day!)
Click here to start the online application.
- Junior and Senior Kindergarten: November 15, 2022
- Grade 6: January 4, 2023
- Grade 8: November 15, 2022
- Junior Non-Intake (Grades 1-5 & 7): January 4, 2023
- Senior Non-Intake (Grade 9-12): March 1, 2023
Apply for Financial Assistance
- Financial assistance (FA) is available for new students entering Grade 8.
- The FA application is separate from the admission application. This Financial Application is due on November 28, 2022.
- Candidates wishing to apply for FA are required to submit the Financial Aid for Canadian Students (FACS) application through Apple Financial Services (available beginning October 2021).
- Candidates applying for FA at CHS are invited to submit a fee waiver request form to have the costs associated with the admission application waived. This includes the fees for the SSAT and FACS.
- For more information about financial assistance at Crofton House School, visit Financial Assistance FAQs
Apply for English+ Program
- The English Plus program (English+) is available for new students entering Grade 8 for an additional fee.
- English+ is a program for students whose first language is not English but have had some schooling in English. The program is designed to help students achieve the level of academic English fluency needed for high school and to prepare them for success in their post-secondary studies.
- To be considered for the English+ program, families must select “YES” in the English Plus Program portion of the admissions application and complete the English+ Assessment.
- Once you indicate in your admissions application that you would like to apply for the program, you will be invited to register for the English+ Assessment with CM Global English Proficiency assessment administered by Crofton House School on Wednesday, November 24.
Learn more about the English+ program.
To reapply, please follow the instructions below:
- Login* to your Applicant Portal using your existing login credentials.
- Access your daughter’s previous checklist, scroll to the bottom of the page, and click the green “Apply Another Child” button.
- Select your daughter’s name who would like to re-apply.
- Enter the year and grade she will be applying for.
- Begin the appropriate application.
* If you have applied to Crofton House in the past, you will already have a profile in our system. If you require any assistance with logging in to the admissions portal, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are applying for an intake year (Senior Kindergarten, Grade 6, or Grade 8), the application fee is $350. If you are applying for a Non-Intake Junior Year (Grades 1 - 5, 7) the fee is $200 and for a Non-Intake Senior Year (Grades 9-12) the fee is $50.
Two business days after you have submitted your online application, you will be able to log back into the CHS Admissions portal to view your "checklist". The applicant checklist is where you will upload all required application documents, such as report cards, birth certificates, and residency documents. On your checklist you will also provide contact information for your chosen candidate reference, and schedule your interview (when applicable).
In order to be considered for 2023 admission, all supporting documentation must be received by the following dates:
- Junior and Senior Kindergarten: January 11, 2023
- Grade 6: January 11, 2023
- Grade 8: November 28, 2022*
- Junior Non-Intake (Grades 1-5 & 7): February 3, 2023
- Senior Non-Intake (Grades 9-12): March 31, 2023
- The only exception to this is the current year report card, which is to be uploaded once received
* Includes SSAT results.
Please note: Do not send additional items such as certificates, photos or additional reference letters–they will not be kept. Only the requested documents will be reviewed. If you would like to tell us about specific accomplishments, we encourage you to share these within the application responses, and/or during your interview.
In-house assessments and observations (for Junior and Senior Kindergarten applicants) help us get to know your daughter within a CHS context, and it helps her get to know us too. In order to be considered for admission, your daughter's participation at the assessment or observation is mandatory. Assessments and observations will happen in-person at Crofton House School. More details will be provided closer to the dates.
Junior Kindergarten - Grade 7
In House Observation or Assessment
All Junior Kindergarten to Grade 7 applicants are expected to participate in an in-house observation or assessment.
- Junior and Senior Kindergarten: Saturday, January 14 or Monday, January 16, 2023
- Grade 6: Saturday, January 14, 2023
- Grades 1-5 and Grade 7: Wednesday, March 8, 2023*
*Only shortlisted applicants attend the In-House Assessment for Grades 1-5 and Grade 7
Grade 8 - 12
In House Assessment and SSAT
Applicants to Grade 8 must participate in an in-house assessment on Saturday, November 26, 2022. Applicants for Grade 8 - 12 must also write the SSAT - a standardized test used by admission offices to assess the abilities of students seeking to enrol in an independent school.
In order to provide families with more options for testing dates, Crofton House School will be hosting a Closed Flex SSAT test for Grade 8 applicants in the Fall. Students who successfully submit an application will receive the Access Code to register for this tests. It is not required that students take their SSAT at Crofton House. Families should find a testing date that best works for their schedule. Additionally, students only need to take one test, as the results can be shared with multiple schools.
- Candidates for Grade 8 must write and submit their SSAT scores by November 28, 2022
- Students apply to Grade 9 - 12 at CHS must write the SSAT by the end of March 31, 2023
Visit SSAT.org for more information.
Please note: there is no in-house assessment for Grade 9 - 12
Note: English Plus applicants must register for the English Plus Assessment through their checklist. The English Plus Assessment will be after school on November 17, 2022.
Interviews are being offered both in person and virtually. We recognize logistics might be challenging, so we invite you to select the format that works best for your family. Whether held virtually or in person, the interview is the same. The interview format has no bearing on admission decisions.
Junior and Senior Kindergarten
Parents of all applicants for Junior and Senior Kindergarten will take part in an interview (approximately 30 minutes) with our Admissions team. Interviews will take place from October to December.
Grade 6 and Grade 8
Applicants who meet the preliminary admissions requirements, based on the application, report cards, and in-house assessments (Grade 8), will be shortlisted.
- Grade 6: Students and parents together, approximately 45 minutes. On Friday, January 27, shortlisted applicants will be invited to schedule an interview.
- Grade 8: Students first, followed by parents, approximately 45-60 minutes. On Thursday, December 8, shortlisted applicants will be invited to schedule an interview for January.
All other grades
Applicants who meet the preliminary admissions requirements, based on the application, report cards, in-house assessments and SSAT results (Grade 9-11) will be shortlisted.
Shortlisted candidates in all non-intake grades will be invited to schedule a family interview, regardless if a space has become available.
All final admission decisions will be communicated to families electronically, on the following dates:
- Junior and Senior Kindergarten: February 3, 2023
- Grade 6: February 22, 2023
- Grade 8: February 22, 2023*
Decisions for all other grades will be made on a rolling basis, if or when a space becomes available.
*Financial assistance and English+ decisions will be included within the offer of admission.