- Step 1: Submit an application
- Step 2: Submit supporting documentation
- Step 3: Schedule your family interview
- Step 4: Write the SSAT *Grade 8–12
- Step 5: Attend in-house observation/assessment
- Step 6: Admission decision (aka Offer Day!)
Applications for the 2019–2020 school year are closed. Applications for the 2020–2021 school year will open on September 1, 2019. Approximate application deadlines are included here for planning purposes. All dates will be updated in summer 2019.
- Junior Kindergarten/Senior Kindergarten: Mid-November
- Grade 6 or Grade 8: Early December
- Non-intake years: Early December
Submit an Application
- Visit the Admissions Portal (Opens September 1, 2019)
- Create an account
- Set your password
- Start your application
- Pay $350 application fee
Apply for Financial Assistance
- Financial assistance is available for girls entering Grade 8.
- The financial assistance application is separate from the admission application. Both applications must be submitted in order to be considered for financial assistance.
- Candidates wishing to apply for financial assistance are required to complete and submit the Financial Aid for Canadian Students (FACS) application form through Apple Financial Services in early December. The application for financial assistance will be available in early October.
- Candidates can apply for a fee waiver to cover the application costs.
Two business days after you have submitted your online application, you will be able to log back into the CHS Admissions portal to view your "checklist". Here is where you will upload all required supporting documents, name someone as a reference and schedule your interview.
In order to be considered for admission, all supporting documentation must be received by December 15, 2019.
Please note: It is important that our admissions process be consistent for all applications. Therefore, only the requested documents will be reviewed. Please do not send additional items such as certificates, photos or additional reference letters. These items will not be kept.
Interviews offer a wonderful opportunity to have a more personal conversation with a member of the Admissions team. These meetings help us get to know your daughter and your family better – and they help you get to know CHS better! At this time, only those applying to an intake grade (Junior Kindergarten, Senior Kindergarten, Grade 6 and Grade 8) will be interviewed.
For those applying to non-intake grades, shortlisted candidates will be interviewed, should a space become available.
For those applying to an intake grade, once you have access to your online checklist, you will be able to arrange your family interview. Interviews take place September through February.
- Early Childhood Education Centre: Parents-only interview, approx. 30 minutes
- Grade 6: Students and parents together, approx. 45 minutes
- Grade 8: Students first, followed by parents, approx. 60 minutes
Grade 8 to 12 applicants only
The SSAT is a standardized test used by admission offices to assess the abilities of students seeking to enrol in an independent school. All students wishing to be considered for Grade 8 to Grade 12 at CHS must write the SSAT by January 15, 2020. Visit SSAT.org.
All Junior Kindergarten to Grade 8 applicants are expected to attend observation/assessment held at the School (see scheduled dates in FAQs). This helps our teachers get to know your daughter better in a CHS context. More information will be communicated to all applicants in December. In order to be considered for admission, your daughter’s attendance at these assessments is mandatory.
All admission decisions will be communicated to families electronically, on the following dates (exact dates to be updated in summer 2019):
- Junior and Senior Kindergarten: Early February
- Grade 6: Early March
- Grade 8: Late February
For those applying for financial assistance, these decisions will be included with offers.